Anything available that can read Microsoft .MDB files from Python?

Shane Geiger sgeiger at
Tue Mar 20 09:48:08 CET 2007

Try installing it from source.  Perhaps getting a newer verion is all
you would need.  If at that point you find there is a bug, report it.

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
>>    What MDBtools did you install?  The RPM, a checkout from CVS,
>> or the downloadable distribution?  They're all different.
> The one that comes with ubuntu edgy. Just
> apt-get install mdbtools
> or something, that's it.
> I don't want to start a distro war here - but I always found the
> RPM-based distros lacking, to say the least.
> Diez

Shane Geiger
IT Director
National Council on Economic Education
sgeiger at  |  402-438-8958  |

Leading the Campaign for Economic and Financial Literacy