[JOB] Sr. Python Developer, Northern VA

Paul Rubin http
Thu Mar 22 15:28:10 EDT 2007

Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> writes:
> > high-profile hiring fests like pycon.
> What! I resent that remark. PyCon was started precisely because I felt
> a low-cost event would better encourage community involvement. If
> PyCon is beyond your means that you clearly aren't looking to be hired
> as a programmer ;-)

It's less expensive than typical industry conferences but it's about
3x as expensive as CodeCon was, comparing at-the-door charges.  Plus
there's travel and possibly lodging expenses if you're not local to
the venue.  Plus there's extra charges for the tutorials, if you want
to attend those.  All in all, at least this past one was something
that I couldn't seriously consider going to.