TitleCase, camelCase, lowercase (was: Where to "import"?)

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Mar 8 23:42:50 EST 2007

"Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> writes:

> Class names should be CamelCase.

Note that the term "camel case" has ambiguous usage. Some use it to
refer to *both* of "nameWithSeveralWords" and "NameWithSeveralWords".

I prefer to use the term "title case" to refer unambiguously to
"NameWithSeveralWords", leaving the term "camel case" to describe the
case with the humps only in the middle :-)

PEP 8 recommends TitleCase for class names. The use of camelCase for
instances and method names seems to come from (at least) Java, but PEP
8 prefers lowercase_with_underscores.

--
 \     "My theory of evolution is that Darwin was adopted."  -- Steven |
  `\                                                            Wright |