[JOB] Sr. Python Developer, Northern VA
Steven D. Arnold
stevena at neosynapse.net
Wed Mar 21 23:58:20 CET 2007
Neosynapse is seeking a senior software developer located in or
willing to relocate to the Northern VA area to join a project
building one of the largest grid computing data platforms in the
world. Skill and experience required for this engagement include:
* at least 7 years experience in professional software development;
* at least 3 years of Python software development experience;
* proven experience with design, implementation, debugging and
documentation of large projects;
* past experience with the development of networking client and
* experience using SQL databases in the development of software
* excellent written and oral communication skills, including the
ability to clearly explain design choices and discuss alternatives
with colleagues and managers.
The following skills are desirable but not mandatory:
* experience using SAN file systems;
* experience with general web software development;
* experience writing applications that leverage Oracle databases;
* experience writing and integrating C modules with Python;
* experience with Ruby or Ruby on Rails.
You must be able to function independently as you will work from home
a significant amount of time on this project. Limited travel to PA,
NJ, and CO will be required. The initial phase of this project will
last 6 months, with follow-on work planned for approximately 3 years.
If interested and qualified for this position, please submit your
detailed resume, contact and rate requirements to jobs at neosynapse.net
with the subject line PY-5. Principals only.
More information about the Python-list