Python for amd64 and x86 on Windows

Trent Mick trentm at activestate.com
Mon Mar 12 18:24:45 EDT 2007

Hengel, Simon wrote:
> Hello List,
> I need the amd64 and the x86 version of Python installed on one Windows machine. Is there a way to do this? (I think I read about it somewhere, but now I can't find it anymore)

Bit of a hack but you could install the MSI ActivePython package for one and
the "AS Package" (*) ActivePython package for the other.

http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePython/windows/2.4/
	ActivePython-2.4.3.12-win32-x86.msi
	ActivePython-2.4.3.12-win64-x64-nopywin32.zip

(*) "AS Package" is simple "zip file plus an install script" installer that
ActivePython includes in addition to the usual (and preferred MSI installer).

Trent

p.s. ActivePython 2.5 builds will be out this week.

--
Trent Mick
trentm at activestate.com