Is any way to split zip archive to sections?

Durumdara durumdara at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 04:14:37 EDT 2007

Hi!

I want to create some backup archives with python (I want to write a backup
application in Python).
Some package managers (7z, arj, winzip) can create splitted archives (1
mega, 650, 700 mega, etc).

Because I want to ftp these results to a ftp server, I want to split large
volumes to 15 mb sections.

Can I do it with any python wrapper automatically (like in Cobian), or I
need to create the large volume, and next split it with another tool?

Or anybody knows about a command line tool (like 7z, or arj) that can expand
the splitted archive (and I can add files with them from Python one by one)?

So what is the solution?

Thanks for your help:
dd