Choosing Python

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:04:09 EDT 2007

On Mar 19, 1:52 pm, "Sells, Fred" <f... at adventistcare.org> wrote:
> glad to hear it.  Those of us who would like to introduce it in reluctant
> schools elsewhere could benefit from a post-semester evaluation, including
> student comments and some sample, running projects.

What would be really cool is to mix in the whole C/C++ extension
paradigm...or IPython/Jython in a second semester class. That way the
students could get into more real-world language mixes, which most
developers have to deal with. We run COBOL, Python, PHP, and some
truly awful VBA here. I wish I could have learned Python to being
with, but it would have needed to have been supplemented with some of
the other lower-level languages as well.

Mike