Python eggs and openSuse 10.2 errors

Turd Flop Down M'leg turd.flop.down.mleg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 03:10:00 EDT 2007

Heyas

So I got all hooked on python eggs at pycon, but then I got all hooked
on openSuse 10.2 (with the xgl cube and the beryl fanciness, and some
other misc debris).  Unfortunately, it doesnt appear that openSuse
10.2, which is using python 2.5, wants to play nicely with python
eggs.  When I try to run `sudo python ez_setup.py`, I simply get an
error:
   Downloading http://cheeseshop.python.org/packages/2.5/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c5-py2.5.egg
   error: invalid Python installation: unable to open /usr/lib/
python2.5/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)

The /usr/lib/python2.5/config directory didnt exist, so I tried
creating it but with no change in results.

Thanks,
Tfdml