Python object overhead?

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Mon Mar 26 18:27:26 EDT 2007

Matt Garman wrote:

> In my case, I know my input data doesn't have any blank lines.

8)

I work with a (not self-written) perl script that does funny things
with blank lines in input files. Yeah, blank lines "aren't supposed
to" be in the input data ...

> However, I'm glad you (and others) clarified the issue, because I
> wasn't aware of the better methods for checking for EOF.

The principle was okay (to check if the string is totally empty). I
always used readlines so far and didn't have the problem.

> Thanks to all for your input and suggestions.  I received many
> more responses than I expected!

You're welcome. :)

Regards,

Björn