urgent - Matplolib with IDLE!

Ana Paula Leite apoliveiraleite at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 16:08:38 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I've just started using Matplotlib and I'm trying to make it work in IDLE.

Other people have reported the same problem as I'll refer, but I've tried
some solutions that I found in the web and I haven't succeded. Every time I
produce a figure, I can't get the IDLE prompt active again after closing
that figure.

I've tried the following:

- in site-pachages/matplotlib/backends/backend_tkagg.py I've uncommented the
line #os.environ['PYTHONINSPECT'] = '1'

- I've changed to the interactive mode, i.e I've set interactive=True in
share/matplotlib/.matplotlibrc

- I've started IDLE with the -n flag

I would sincerely appreciate your help, because I must finish some work very
very soon and I'm going crazy with this issue...
By the way, I'm using
- windows XP
- matplotlib-0.90.0.win32-py2.5
- numpy-1.0.1.win32-py2.5