newbi question on python rpc server, how it works?

krishnakant Mane researchbase at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 14:38:21 EDT 2007

hello,
searched a lot of places including google search but can't find
answers to python-rpc.  I am also very new to rpc.  I am very clear
about its meaning and where it is to be used, but not about how it is
done.
I have a need where I need to create a layer of business logic that
will connect to mysql database at one end and a wxpython based thin
client at the other end.
can some one give me basic idea as to how I can use simple xml rpc
server class of python and build an xml rpc server and then a client
which I can embed in my wxpython based thin client?
as I said I am not aware of how xml rpc works in details.
I want to creat the wxpython client app in such a way that it only
does the work of validation and display and only sending the data as
is to the xml rpc server for logic and then xml rpc server will
inturn talk to mysql.
my business logic consists of many classes which I want to put in a
package directory with __init__.py and all the other modules.
do I need to create all of them as xml rpc server instances or can I
use them into one single xml rpc server class?
at the other end I am not really understanding how the xml rpc client
can be used to get data in to my wx based gui?
for example I want to fill up a list box with data that came from the
rpc server to the client and then some how looping through the
elements sent over and putting into a list.

regards.
Krishnakant