A better webpage filter

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Mar 24 17:27:50 EDT 2007

En Sat, 24 Mar 2007 15:45:41 -0300, Anton Vredegoor
<anton.vredegoor at gmail.com> escribió:

> Since a few days I've been experimenting with a construct that enables
> me to send the sourcecode of the web page I'm reading through a Python
> script and then into a new tab in Mozilla. The new tab is automatically
> opened so the process feels very natural, although there's a lot of
> reading, filtering and writing behind the scene.
>
> I want to do three things with this post:
>
> A) Explain the process so that people can try it for themselves and say
> "Hey stupid, I've been doing the same thing with greasemonkey for ages",
> or maybe "You're great, this is easy to see, since the crux of the
> biscuit is the apostrophe."  Both kind of comments are very welcome.

I use the Opera browser: http://www.opera.com
Among other things (like having tabs for ages!):
- enable/disable tables and divs (like you do)
- enable/disable images with a keystroke, or only show cached images.
- enable/disable CSS
- banner supressing (aggressive)
- enable/disable scripting
- "fit to page width" (for those annoying sites that insist on using a
fixed width of about 400 pixels, less than 1/3 of my actual screen size)
- apply your custom CSS or javascript on any page
- edit the page source and *refresh* the original page to reflect your
changes

All of this makes a very smooth web navigation - specially on a slow
computer or slow connection.

--
Gabriel Genellina