sqlite for mac?

7stud bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 00:05:09 EDT 2007

On May 1, 6:09 am, Ben Secrest <blsec... at gmail.com> wrote:

I downloaded pysqlite, ran the setup script, and tested the
installation and everything worked fine.  However, if I try to import
either sqlite, sqlite2, or sqlite3 into a python program, I get an
error saying there's no such module.

I assume that means pysqlite cannot see the installation of SQlite
that came preinstalled on my mac.  My python book says to download the
SQlite source where automatic code generation has already been
performed.  I did that.  Then my book says says to follow the
instructions in the README file.  However, the download only has two
files:  sqlite3.c and sqlite3.h.  As a result, I don't know what to
do.

Any advice?