getmtime differs between Py2.5 and Py2.4

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue May 8 02:59:40 EDT 2007

> the difference (rounding to an int number of seconds) is just about one
> hour; in certain parts of the world (Europe and Africa), that could
> indeed be a timezone issue.

With the help of Tony Meyer, we rediscovered the explanation: because
of a bug in the Microsoft C run-time library, the UTC time reported by
2.4 may have been off by one hour (it wasn't local time - just off
by one hour). This was due to DST issues. They have been fixed in 2.5,
which now reports the correct UTC value.

Regards,
Martin