gui application on cross platform

Eiwot eiwot at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 01:22:38 EDT 2007

Yes, Python can develop cross platform application. I'm using PyGTK which is a binding between GTK and Python. Check it out at http://pyarticles.blogspot.com

Cheers> Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 18:52:08 +1000> From: matt at exemail.com.au> Subject: Re: gui application on cross platform> To: python-list at python.org> > james_027 wrote:> > Hi,> > > > I am using delphi to develop gui application, and wish to make a shift> > to python. here are some of my question/concern...> > > > 1. is python develop gui application a cross platform? just like java> > swing?> > 2. delphi makes things easy for me like coding for a specific event on> > a specific component, could it be the same for python?> > 3. are there cool library of component like in delphi available for> > python that will make database application more usesable?> > 4. where do I start the learning curve? I did some research and I> > don't know which one to take among wxwdiget, pygtk, and etc.> > > > > > I'm also going down this path, and have decided on python + wxWidgets + > boa as the RAD tool. From the tutorial, it seems pretty easy to use, > except for some minor annoyances on both windows and linux platforms.> > Under windows, for some inexplicable reason the "dialogs" tab is not > present, while under linux, I can't seem to drag components around the > frame after placement.> > Cheers,> mvdw> -- > http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list