Microsoft's Dynamic Languages Runtime (DLR)

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri May 4 18:28:42 EDT 2007

Luis M. González wrote:

> Indeed, the subject is absolutely on-topic.
> If can't talk about a so called "Dynamic Languages Runtime" in a
> pyhton mailing list, I wonder what it takes to be considered on-topic.
> Frankly, this on-topic/off-topic fascism I see in this list is pissing
> me off a little bit.

It's less on-topic for comp.lang.lisp, though, unless you want to
perform in a measuring competition with the Lisp crowd whilst hearing
how they did the very same thing as <insert technology here> way back
in the 1950s. Despite the permissive licences - it'd be hard to slap a
bad EULA on IronPython now - the whole thing demonstrates Microsoft's
disdain for open standards as usual, but it remains on-topic for
comp.lang.python, I guess.

Paul