Web Archtecture using tow layers in Phyton

Amit Khemka khemkaamit at gmail.com
Thu May 24 08:35:26 EDT 2007

On 5/23/07, Wagner Garcia Campagner <wagnergc at itautec.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to develop an web applications that meet the following requirements:
>
> - 2 layers: the first one is the user interface (browser) and the second one
> is the interaction with the operacional system of the server.
> - the second layer must be developed using Python.
>
> I'd like to know if it is possible to implement this system... making the
> second layer using python and the first layer using another web technologies
> like AJAX for example.

Yes, It is very much possible and you will find the quite a few of
such impementations .

> Does anybody have any experience in developing python web applications?
> Maybe send me some links or documentation about it...

Search this news-group or web for "python web framework" and you can
choose one based on your specific needs. ( some names that often pop
up are: django, cherrypy, webware, pylons etc)

> The final goal is to make diferent user interfaces (layer 1) that can
> integrate with the second layer... for example, one web interface and one
> local interface using python+qt (example)... i don't know if this is
> possible and how can this be implemented... any help is aprreciated...

Read the documentation of the framework ( if any) you choose to work
with you may find templating system useful.
For standalone app you can look at wxPython, which can communicate to
your server at some port.

Cheers,
--
----