Why stay with lisp when there are python and perl?

Tim Bradshaw tfb+google at tfeb.org
Fri May 4 05:17:21 EDT 2007

On May 4, 10:13 am, Tim Bradshaw <tfb+goo... at tfeb.org> wrote:

> Anyway the experience of writing in Python was kind of interesting.
> [...] So one of the things I learned was "use a
> language with a decent compiler"[*] I think.

Bugger, I did not realise until too late that this was going to
comp.lang.python as well.  I should therefore add a caveat: Use a
language with a high-performance (this is what I meant by "decent")
compiler if that kind of performance matters to you.  It did to us,
but there are very many cases where it does not. In other words,
despite appearances I'm not particularly trying to slag off Python.