itertools.groupby

Steve Howell showell30 at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 17:50:01 EDT 2007

--- Paul Rubin <"http://phr.cx"@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:

> But that is what groupby does, except its notion of
> uniqueness is
> limited to contiguous runs of elements having the
> same key.

It occurred to me that we could also rename the
function uniq(), or unique(), after its Unix
counterpart, but then I though better of it.  As one
of the folks who was making a bit of noise about the
groupby() semantics before, I'm really fine with the
name now that the docs make it a little more clear how
it behaves.