Python compared to other language

walterbyrd walterbyrd at iname.com
Sat May 19 12:01:11 EDT 2007

On May 19, 7:23 am, Steve Holden <s... at holdenweb.com> wrote:

> The reason you can do this with Python is precisely because the
> developers have ironed out the wrinkles between platforms by putting the
> requisite conditionals in the C source.

But that is my point. With Python, the language itself takes care of
the platform differences, so the same Python code will run on
different platforms. I realize that, at a lower level, everything is
done is C. But, from the developers point of view: developing code in
C requires more attention to platform specifics, than does developing
code in Python.