A new project.

colin.barnette at gmail.com colin.barnette at gmail.com
Wed May 16 04:09:51 EDT 2007

I am interested in organizing and taking part in a project that would
create a virtual world much like the one described in Neal
Stephenson's 'Snow Crash'.  I'm not necessarily talking about
something 3d and I'm not talking about a game either.  Like a MOO,
only virtual.  And each 'user' is allocated space with which they are
free to edit in any way, within the confines of that space.  I know
Second Life and others come to mind when you think of this, but
Frankly Second Life came off as sloppy to me.  I want people to be
able to code their own objects and environments with the ease of
Python.

I don't know forget the suggestions, anything is on the table, but
there are just so many half-hearted and weak commercial attempts at
this I feel that it's time to get Python involved in the game and do
it right.

If anyone has any interest, ideas, comments or otherwise, e-mail me.
If some interest is shown we'll start a board, a site, an IRC channel
or whatever we have to do to meet and get the ball rolling. :)

Thanks.