DbiDate object

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Tue May 29 01:22:45 EDT 2007

On May 29, 12:51 am, revuesbio <revues... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am using odbc to connect to Microsoft Access DB.  When I send a
> request with a datetime column from the database, odbc returns
> something called a DbiDate object.
> ex  :>>> x=data[0][2]
>
> <DbiDate object at 0x009C4140>>>> print x
>
> Fri Apr 20 07:27:45 2007
>
> I would like to select columns where datetime ("DbiDate column") is >
> yesterday date.
> and i don't understand how to send request with this DbiDate.
>
> Could you help me ?
> thank you

I also use the odbc module, but I store dates in my system as
datetime.datetime objects.

I convert a DbiDate object to a datetime object like this -

    import datetime as dt
    date =  dt.datetime.fromtimestamp(int(dbidate))

For selects, I use the datetime object directly -

    cur.execute('select * from table where date = ?',(date,))

I'm not sure how the odbc module handles that - maybe it converts date
into str(date). In any case, it just works for me.

HTH

Frank Millman