wxpython demo error on debian etch

BartlebyScrivener bscrivener42 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 01:21:34 EDT 2007

On May 29, 1:09 pm, kyoso... at gmail.com wrote:
> The newer versions of wxPython won't make your Debian crash or
> anything. We run Debian at work and I've upgraded the Python to 2.4
> and the wxPython to its newest version. This has not affected the
> server's stability in any way.

Install like this?

Debian stable is way behind the times, so you may find something
appropriate in testing. Alternatively, the instructions below should
work.

        apt-get install alien
        apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev freeglut3-dev python2.3-dev
        wget http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython2.8-2.8.3.0-1.src.rpm
        rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'pyver 2.3'
wxPython2.8-2.8.3.0-1.src.rpm
        cd rpmdir