Python Web Programming - looking for examples of solid high-traffic sites

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Mon May 21 17:30:44 EDT 2007

Ivan Tikhonov a écrit :
> Use php. I am lead programmer/maintainer of big website with a lot of
> interactive stuff in user's backoffice and with a lot of interraction
> to our non-web apps.
>
> PHP is a crap, but programming for web in python is a pain in the ass.

Strange enough, MVHO on this is that PHP is crap *and* that programming
"for the web" with it is a king-size PITA, *specially* compared to Python.

> And php programmers are cheaper.

"cheaper", yes. On an hourly basis. TCO is another problem...

> Especialy avoid mod_python.

Unless you have to deeply integrate with (and are willing to be forever
tied to) Apache, I totally agree on this last one.