My Python annoyances

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu May 3 16:29:03 EDT 2007

"John Nagle" <nagle at animats.com> wrote in message
news:Eep_h.6829$2v1.1832 at newssvr14.news.prodigy.net...
| Ben Collver wrote:
|| > from the person who closed it.  I get the unspoken message: bug
reports
| > are not welcome.
|
|      That's the problem with bug reporting systems which let developers
| close bugs arbitrarily.

I think you should have looked at the actual tracker item, the evidence,
before responding, instead of relying on a misleading claim.  The item was
closed as invalid three week after an explantion was given with no response
from the OP.  The link is in my response.

|  Defect reporting systems should have a status for "developer in denial".

The willingness of bystanders like you to trash volunteers with random
hobby horses is one reason there are fewer volunteers than needed.

| Bug handling in loosely managed projects tends to follow the
| same path as the "stages of grief": denial, anger, bargaining,
| depression, and acceptance.

Blah, blah.  Not as profound as you seem to think.

| Getting through the process requires a year or so.

Ben got a respond in 3 days.

Terry Jan Reedy