matplotlib, usetex

Bill Jackson jackson at hotmail.com
Sat May 26 15:39:14 EDT 2007

Alexander Schmolck wrote the following on 05/25/2007 02:33 PM:
> I have no idea whether this will resolve your problem, but you could try
> updating to 0.90 (BTW what happens if you do axis([0,128,0,128])).

The problem appears to be with a matplotlibrc file.  If I delete the
matplotlibrc file, then I am able to plot perfectly.  Thus, it appears
that I am unable to specify usetex from my configuration file.  Why is
this happening?

---- ~/.matplotlib/matplotlibrc ----
text.usetex	: True

---- test.py ----
import matplotlib
import pylab
matplotlib.rc('text', usetex=True)
pylab.plot(range(10))
pylab.show()

Running 'python test.py' with the above matplotlibrc causes the errors
in my original post.  Deleting matplotlibrc resolves the problem.