model browser

Daniel Nogradi nogradi at gmail.com
Sun May 20 14:55:06 EDT 2007

Hi list,

I'm looking for an sqlobject based model browser with a web interface
(is this the thing called CRUD these days?). Searching all over the
place turned up of course django's automatic admin interface and
turbogears' catwalk but I wouldn't want to buy into any of these two
frameworks because they are too complicated and complex. I don't know
about django but since tg is sqlobject based catwalk might still be a
good candidate if it can be decoupled from the rest of tg. By looking
at the source of catwalk it seems that this decoupling requires quite
some work; did anyone do something like this? Or does anyone know if
catwalk was originally written for tg or was general purpose before
and became integrated into tg later?

Are there other options I overlooked?

Daniel