Path python versions and Macosx

andrea kerny404 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 07:46:33 EDT 2007

On 12 Mag, 01:09, half.ital... at gmail.com wrote:
> On May 11, 1:36 pm, andrea <kerny... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi everyone,
> > I use python on macosx with textmate as editor (great program).
>
> > I also use macport to install unix programs from the command line and
> > I find it great too.
> > Well I would like to have all my modules in the path when I'm using
> > textmate AND when I use the commandline (ipython), but because
> > textmate and the command line use different python versions they also
> > search in different places..
>
> > I found somewhere to write .pythonrc.py like this
>
> > #!/usr/bin/env python
> > import sys
> > PATH='/opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/'
> > sys.path.append(PATH)
> > del sys
>
> > But it doesn't work either, I also tried to append this
> > PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:/opt/
> > local/lib/python2.4/site-packages:${PATH}
> > to .bash_profile but nothing.
>
> > Where should I set this variables??
>
> > Thanks a lot
>
> You can set environment variables for gui apps with this freeware:http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15073
>
> You can edit some text files as well, but this thing just makes it
> much easier.
>
> ~Sean

Ok thanks, but why it doesn't work setting the .bash_profile?? What
should I set manually theorically?? The problem is also that I have
many modules for python 2.4 and trying to import them from the 2.5 of
course gives errors..
I installed them with macports (compiling), how can I make them switch
to 2.5???
thanks