Python good for data mining?

Jens j3nsby at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 20:43:39 EST 2007

> Jens,
>
> You might be interested in this bookhttp://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596529321/index.html
> which is new, I just ordered my copy. From the contents shown online,
> it has lot of applicability to data mining, using Python, although it
> its primary topic is data mining the web, it also covers analyzing the
> data etc.
>
> Ron Stephens

I'm a big fan of O'Reilly's books. This one looks very promising, and
I have just added it to my wishlist. Thanks for the tip Ron!

As for databases - I think its a good idea to support a good selection
of data sources. Just now, one of my main concerns, is to make a
structure that is flexible enough, as well as being easy to use.
Flexibility and usability!