The Python Papers is looking for additional Associate Editors
mauriceling at acm.org
Fri Nov 23 13:56:18 CET 2007
"The Python Papers" (http://pythonpapers.org), ISSN 1834-3147, is an
online e-journal, covering articles on Python in the community, industry
and academia. We were established in the second half of 2006 and
launched our first issue in November 2006. Since then, we have released
3 more issues.
Recently, we have also initiated a monograph series, which will be known
as "The Python Papers Monograph Series"
(http://pythonpapers.org/monograph.html) with its own ISSN, but managed
by "The Python Papers" Editorial Committee.
Due to this new initiative, we are looking for an additional member to
join the team as an Associate Editor from February 2008.
The main roles of an Associate Editor includes:
1. Organizing and chairing reviews for submissions
2. Reviewing submissions
3. Answering queries regarding the periodicals
4. Assisting the Editor-in-Chief in tasks as required
The current workload is estimated to be about 3 hours per week.
We invite committed individuals with a good knowledge of Python
programming to join our team.
Please send in your CV, a statement of intention, and answer the
following questions to us at editor at pythonpapers.org before December 20,
1. An account of your programming experiences using your projects for
2. An account of your publication record and experiences with
3. A brief description of your expertise in computer science
4. A brief account of your understanding about The Python Papers
5. How will you propose to improve The Python Papers
Please direct any queries to editor at pythonpapers.org
Associate Editor, The Python Papers
More information about the Python-list