overriding methods - two questions

Donn Ingle donn.ingle at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 12:25:11 EST 2007

> Actually, Python is complaining about your user's poor choice of
> argument names. 'not' is a reserved keyword.
My example was poor, but my actual test code did't use 'not'. Python simply
checks the use of foo() to the local sig of foo() and does not go up the
chain. This is understandable and your next answer is more-or-less what I
was expecting.

> Python's philosophy of "you are the human, so you must know what you
> are doing" (which is both an assumption and a directive), I don't
> think you will find much language machinery to prevent it.

Yeah. I guess I was hoping there'd be some clever trick to do it.

/d