Looking for a good Python environment

jwelby julius.welby at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 06:15:40 EST 2007

On Nov 6, 10:56 pm, "ram.rac... at gmail.com" <ram.rac... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hey, I'm looking for a good Python environment. That is, at least an
> editor and a debugger, and it should run on Windows. Does anyone have
> any idea?

I currently use Python Scripter as a lightweight editor for Windows.

For project work I use Eclipse, which can be installed with PyDev and
other useful plug-ins already included if you choose a suitable
distribution of Easy Eclipse (http://www.easyeclipse.org/). There is a
distribution specifically for Python development, and also one for
LAMP, which includes a number of other components which will be of use
if you are developing for the web.