Convert obejct string repr to actual object

Tor Erik Sønvisen torerik81 at
Mon Oct 8 21:19:50 CEST 2007

I've tried locating some code that can recreate an object from it's
string representation...
The object in question is really a dictionary containing other
dictionaries, lists, unicode strings, floats, ints, None, and

I don't want to use eval, since I can't trust the source sending the
object.... I'm sure someone must have had the same need and created
code for it... Maybe Pypy has what I need??? Haven't looked though...

Tor Erik

PS: The string repr is created by a server outside of my control...