Check File Change Every 10 Seconds

Robert Rawlins - Think Blue robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 10:45:49 EDT 2007

Thanks for your time Gabriel,

That certainly looks to be the type of thing that I'm looking to achieve, however, I forgot to mention I'm running this on a Linux platform and not a Win32 one :-( Sorry.

I'm sure similar things are achievable, I've used os.stat before now to get the time stamp for when a file was last changed, if I perhaps combine this with the while 1: inside a thread I can achieve the same end result? Sound like a good idea?

I just wasn’t sure how safe it was to spawn a thread like this which contains an infinite loop.

Thanks again for your time,

Rob