New to python

rjcarr rjcarr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 23:16:42 EDT 2007

On Sep 29, 9:20 pm, Googy <cool.gaurav.ignit... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to python...
>
> The programming language i know well is C
> Can any one recommend me the good ebook for beginners. I have loads of
> ebooks but i am not able to decide which to start with which book.
> Also i am learning XML so later on i can switch to books on Python and
> XML but initially which book to read??
>
> Please help...

I know quite a few languages fairly fluently, maybe 5 or 6, but for
some reason python was rought at the beginning.  I think it is mostly
because I don't get along well with the API docs (and although it has
gotten better, I still don't like them).

When first learning so much of the sample code I saw seemed
magical ... I had no idea where things were coming from.  One weekend
I read the o'reilly book, learning python I think, from cover to cover
and it helped tremendously.  Now whenever I start a new project I have
to think of a reason to not use python, and it is pretty rare.