Automatic Generation of Python Class Files

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Mon Oct 22 14:15:22 EDT 2007

Sunburned Surveyor a écrit :
> I was thinking of a way I could make writing Python Class Files

What's a "Python Class File" ?

> little less painful.

If you find writing classes in Python "painful", then either you have no
experience with any mainstream language or you are doing something wrong.

> I was considering a Ptyhon script that read a
> file with a list of property names and method names and then generated
> a skeleton class file.

Once again, there's no such thing as a "class file" in Python. A module
usually contains several (classes, functions etc) definitions. And since
there's very few boilerplate code in Python, I don't see what your
system would be good for - directly writing the code will not take much
more time than writing the "file with a list of property names and
method names".

My 2 cents...