py2exe - change name of exe created

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Fri Sep 7 13:58:00 EDT 2007

imageguy schrieb:
[...]
>> > Note that every thing works fine with this and creates an exe program
>> > called
>> > "myprogram.exe"
>>
>> > I would like to setup program to create an output called;
>> > "MyBestProgram.exe"
>>
>> > IS that at all possible ?
>>
>> Yes.  Use a 'dest_base' key in the dictionary, like so:
>>
>> > setup(windows = [{"script":"myprogram.py",
>> >                    "icon_resources":[(0,"nabbitt.ico")],
>>
>>                      "dest_base": "MyBestProgram",>                     "other_resources": [(24,1,manifest)]}

>> 'dest_base' is the basename of the destination program that py2exe creates.
>>
>> Thomas- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks.
> I really appreciate the response.
> Where would I find that in the docs ?  Thought I had searched
> everywhere.

If you have searched everywhere then it isn't in the docs.  You can probably
learn a lot about py2exe when you try out and study the supplied samples; they
are in the Lib\site-packages\py2exe\samples subdirectories.

The next step would be to consult the source code ;-)

The current maintainer of pyexe, Jimmy Retzlaff, seems to have disappeared
from the net as it seems; I hope he is well.  So, the current state of py2exe
itself and the documentation is not so good; OTOH there is a wiki on
www.py2exe.org where anyone can contribute tips tricks and docs.

Thomas