Python Database Apps

darien.watkins at gmail.com darien.watkins at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 14:56:27 EDT 2007

On Sep 11, 9:25 am, Ed Leafe <e... at leafe.com> wrote:
> On Sep 10, 2007, at 10:52 PM, darien.watk... at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Kindof a poll, kindof curiosity...
>
> > What is your favorite python - database combination?  I'm looking to
> > make an app that has a local DB and a server side DB.  I'm looking at
> > python and sqlite local side and sql server side.
>
>         Are you asking for opinions on what sort of database engine to use?
> Or are you trying to get a feel for what people use to develop their
> apps? Are you looking for a web app, or a desktop app, or a non-UI app?
>
> -- Ed Leafe
> --http://leafe.com
> --http://dabodev.com

It would help to get a feel of what is the most popular combination
for people to develop their apps.  It's gonna be a desktop app.  The
database engine is going to be the critical component.  I like sqlite
so that I don't need a database server on the client side.  It would
help though if there is a way to sync between multiple clients to a
central server database.  That's the tough part.  To give you a better
idea of what i'm trying to do, I am trying to write an app where
multiple technicians have an issue tracker that is available both
offline and online.  I was looking to use sqlite as the local side
that would sync new and updated issues to a central server when
online.  Any technician may work on any issue.  Generally they will
not be working on the same issue at the same time.  The technicians
are geographically diverse (anywhere in the southeast US, not in an
office.)

Thanks for the feedback so far...

Darien