Any syntactic cleanup likely for Py3? And what about doc standards?

Torsten Bronger bronger at
Thu Sep 6 01:36:36 CEST 2007

Ferenczi Viktor writes:

> [...]
> Properties are very useful, since ordinary attribute access can be
> transparently replaced with properties if the developer needs to
> add code when it's set or needs to calculate it's value whenever
> it is read.

I totally agree.  I like to use properties.  However, Python already
has properties.  Their syntax is quite nice in my opinion, and
rather explicit, too.  Their only flaw is that they are not
"virtual" (in C++ speak).  In other words, you can't pass a "self"
parameter to them.

                                      Jabber ID: bronger at
                      (See for ICQ, MSN, etc.)