Using s.sort([cmp[, key[, reverse]]]) to sort a list of objects based on a attribute

cjt22 at bath.ac.uk cjt22 at bath.ac.uk
Fri Sep 7 09:57:35 EDT 2007

Hi there

I am fairly new to Python and have not really used regular expressions
before (I think this might be needed for my query) and wondered if you
could help

I have a step class and store in a list step instances
A step instance contains variables: name, startTime etc and startTime
is stored as a string %H:%M:%S

What I would like to do is to be able to sort this list of objects
based on the startTime object so that the first item in the list is
the object with the earliest Start time and last item is the object
with the last Start time.

I belive my key has to be = strpTime(step.sTime, "%H:%M:%S")
But don't know how to create the comparison funciton.

Any help on how I can perform this whole operation would be much
appreciated.

Thanks
Chris