Registering a python function in C

AnonMail2005 at gmail.com AnonMail2005 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 18:05:04 EDT 2007

On Sep 3, 7:11 pm, fernando <fernandofariajun... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is Maya a different python build than what is contained at python.org?
> > If so, I suggest you get your C program to work with the latest python
> > build
> > from python.org.  Then see if you can get it to work with the Maya
> > version.
>
> Ok, did that. If I write a normal C++ program and use the python
> installed in my system, everything works ok and I can call the python
> funtions. From within maya(where the C code is running as a plugin),
> nothing happens. I tried removing my python installation so that only
> the one that comes with maya is running, but then I have no python.h
> or libs to compile against!! I found no help at the maya/python
> newsgroup, is there anyone who has done this before???
>
> Thanks for all the help!

>From what I understand, it seems like maya includes a python build/
download
when you download maya.

You should be able to get the libs and include files from there.  It
also
looks like maya explicitly says what python build it uses when it is
started up interactively.

I would bet that your installation of maya and your (different)
installation of
python are conflicting.