Python syntax wart

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Mon Sep 10 04:34:36 EDT 2007

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:19:08 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In message <5kkcmvF3vfqqU3 at mid.uni-berlin.de>, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
> wrote:
>
>> I see a tree structure here ...
>
> Good, you're improving.

Thanks.

>> ... but still no table.
>
> Who said anything about a table?

Me. If that statement is 2D I expected to see a table structure.  And I
don't mean that the source code itself is arranged in lines and columns
but that the so called *2D statement* can be seen as table.

>> And this is also easily written that way in Python if you don't insist on
>> the line break after the ``if`` or can live with backslashes.
>
> Which is precisely the point.

Then is the lack of curly braces also a syntax wart.  Maybe you should
switch to a different language or write a preprocessor.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch