How to display a videostream in the PyQt GUI by a efficient way

kivilaya kivilaya at 163.com
Sun Sep 30 03:10:40 EDT 2007

Hi, David, thank you for your help! ^__^

   I read the method in the given link and learn a lot from it. I'll
try to display the data inside a QWidget directly instead of the
current way. But I still have a question, is there any way to make the
displaying of RGB data in a QWidget more quickly.

   In fact, my work is to make a gui for displaying my
partners'experimental results to our teacher, the source video is no
need to be encoded to mpeg or h264 format, so I get the video from
camera in the raw format and display them without encodeing or
decoding process.

   As my partners will do some experiments on the raw data, maybe add
a mark to label some area in the current frame, or change some part of
it, I get every frame as a picture before they process the picture
data, and then display the picture after their process. But displaying
the pictures one by one in my current way is so slow, I'm afraid that
time spend on it is too long and the displaying of results will be
discontinuous. So I think maybe there is another way to show these
pictures.

   Look forward to more advices.^ ^

   Thanks!
Kivilaya