FCGI app reloading on every request

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Tue Sep 4 11:33:00 EDT 2007

* John Nagle (Mon, 03 Sep 2007 21:26:01 -0700)
>     I'm converting a web app from CGI to FCGI.  The application works fine
> under FCGI, but it's being reloaded for every request, which makes FCGI
> kind of pointless.  I wrote a little FCGI app which prints when the program is
> loaded and when it gets a request.  And indeed, the program gets reloaded for
> each HTTP request.  Something is probably misconfigured.  But what?
> [...]
> On the Python side, I'm using Python 2.5 on Linux, with Alan
> Saddi's "fcgi.py" module.

Do you use fcgi.py or flup? Go for flup

"What's the difference between flup's fcgi module and your previous
fcgi.py?

Feature-wise, very little, as I do try to keep both implementations in
sync. The most significant difference is that flup's fcgi module uses
thread pooling, fcgi.py simply starts a new thread for each
connection/request. flup's code is refactored and modularized, to
minimize duplicated code between all 6 servers."

http://trac.saddi.com/flup/wiki/FlupFaq#Whatsthedifferencebetweenflups
fcgimoduleandyourpreviousfcgi.py