wxstyledtextctrl and xml markup

OpenPavilion Team openpavilion at openpavilion.org
Thu Sep 13 07:23:29 EDT 2007

Hello community,

I want to create an editor for a self defined xml markup language. I want to
use wxpython with wxstyledtextctrl and I have looked around at yellowbrain
site, but there are no examples. I also watched the styledtextctrl examples
with wxpython 2.8.4.

What I am looking for is an example of how to do the autocompletion part for
the styledtextctrl based on my self defined XML language.

example:
<profile>
     <connection></connection>
     <company>
          <person></person>
     </company>
     [...]
</profile>

Since I don't know styledtextctrl, I fear that I am about to write a complex
handler for the autocompletion part, whereas there could be some easy to use
features built into styledtextctrl. My problem is that I don't want to
externalize the grammar of the XML instead of coding it inside the
autocompletion handler.

Are there any examples for wxstyledtextctrl, xml and autocompletion ?

Regards
Pavilion