newbie: self.member syntax seems /really/ annoying

Thu Sep 13 09:55:28 EDT 2007

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:10:03 +0000, timothy.soehnlin at gmail.com wrote:

> Why not use '_' as the self variable.  It is minimal and achieves close
> to '.var', as '_.var' isn't that different.  I know its a little
> perl-esque, but its not a bad convention if you are aiming to up
> readability of your code.

I think the definitions of "up" or "readability" you are using are very
different from mine. To me, to up something means to increase it, and
readability means the ease of comprehension when reading something. You
seem to be using the opposite definition for one or the other.

--
Steven.