Asynchronous Messaging

wink wink at saville.com
Wed Sep 26 07:47:32 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm getting my feet wet in Python and thought I'd try to see how well
Python works for asynchronous messaging. I've been using asynchronous
messaging for 5 years and find it advantageous for many things. In the
scheme I use communication is not only asynchronous but it is also non-
blocking and inherently serialized via a queue.

This provides two benefits, a sender is never directly effected by the
receiver and since the receiver handles only one message at a time
it generally never has to use mutexes or semaphores. This allows for
the
programmer to use multiple threads without having to contend with the
associated issues mutexes have in the area of deadly embraces or race
conditions.

Anyway, below is a link to the first pass at an implementation
in Python, comments are welcome:

http://www.saville.com/python/mproc.tgz

Regards,

Wink Saville