Windows Media Player Playlist

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Sun Sep 2 04:41:01 EDT 2007

Lamonte Harris wrote:
> Is it possible to use python to get the current playlist of the current
> playing songs from Windows Media Player or Windows Player Classic?

I don't know what the answer is (not least because I never use
Windows Media Player) but a good guideline for this sort of
question is: can it be done *without* python? The chances are
that someone, somewhere, has tried to do this before and has
found an answer using VBScript or C# or whatever. If you look
around the internet and find such an answer, then people on
this list can hopefully help you translate that into Python.

TJG