Saving parameters between Python applications?

Stodge stodge at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 09:36:09 EDT 2007

os.path.expanduser isn't an option; I need each console/window to
maintain different values which I wouldn't get from saving to a user's
home directory. Unless I used a different file for each console/window
but that just gets me into the same situation I'm already in. I think
the only option is to set environment variables using another script.
I'm really surprised and disapponited by this.

One option I thought of but haven't investigated, is the ability to
get the parent (i.e. console's) process id and use that to create a
file somewhere. Not sure if this is even possible.