ANNOUNCE: wxPython 2.8.6.0

Don Dwiggins ddwiggins at advpubtech.com
Fri Sep 28 17:45:39 EDT 2007

Robin Dunn wrote:
> Announcing
> ----------
>
> The 2.8.6.0 release of wxPython is now available for download at
> http://wxpython.org/download.php.  This release is mostly about fixing
> a number of bugs and inconsistencies in wxWidgets and wxPython.

This raises a policy question for me.  I'm currently on 2.8.3, not
having had any clear need to upgrade for a while.  Is there any reason
why I shouldn't continue to track the releases, but not upgrade to them
until I need something specific (a fix for a bug, a new feature I want,
...)?

For example, if I don't upgrade to 2.8.x.y when it comes out, might I
have trouble in the future upgrading to 2.8.x+9.w?

BTW, since I haven't said it recently: thanks again for a really useful
product and support forum for it!

--
Don Dwiggins
Advanced Publishing Technology